What is Popcornew.com?
Many users find Popcornew attractive because it promises to provide them with offers for their favorite products. The application also claims that the offers will be selected according to the websites the particular user is currently on. It is true that offers and deals will appear when you browse the web, but there is no guarantee that they will be relevant or at least genuine. Popcornew is an advertisement-supported program that is only interested in its well-being, so relying on it to help you save money on your online purchases will be a big mistake.
How did I get infected with Popcornew.com?
At popcornew.com you can find a download button that you can use to acquire the application. If it is already on your computer and you do not remember downloading such an app, it means that it has been installed without permission. This is possible because the installer of Popcornew gets attached to the installer of another free application and gets automatically installed along with it. Please note that you can prevent that by completing each installation step carefully and disabling all additionally installed programs.
Why is Popcornew.com dangerous?
If you have dealt with ad-supported programs before, you will know that the most troublesome thing about them is the ads they display. The same applies for Popcornew. It is financially supported to present content belonging to independent third parties. This content is not reviewed by Popcornew, so you can never be certain if it is safe or not. Therefore, clicking on ads displayed by this application is not advisable. Popcornew is also able to collect information about your web usage that is supposed to help improve the service. This may lead to problems with your privacy, so you should not hesitate to erase Popcornew right away.
Manual Popcornew Removal Instructions:
Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the the Run command box, and click “OK.” or press simultaneously the keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find Popcornew related processes.
- Once you locate the Popcornew processes, right-click on them and choose “End Process”
- Go to your Control Panel.
- Click on Add/Remove Programs icon.
- select istart program in the list and uninstall it.
Remove Popcornew from IE
- Open Internet Explorer:
- Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- select Search Providers
- Remove the unwanted search engine
- Save changes and close window.
- Press Alt+X again.
- Go to Internet Options
- General tab,
- Replace current home page address with the desired search engine.